Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

So I’m wanting to get my q50 wrapped (leaning towards satin black unless anyone has other ideas) and I was looking and I saw this R8 with a small line off center that looks great on it but I’m just wondering how everyone thinks it would look on a q? No extra charge at wrap place because I’m getting tinted too so I just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
I personally don't like stripes, even the 'factory offerings' of yesteryear (i.e. say a SS Chevelle). But least those ones are symmetrical. Having only one off to the side (even with the aux thinner one adjacent) looks funny to me.

Still much better than those where people put the ones on the fender by the front wheel or some factory ones like that (i.e. GS Corvette).

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally don't like stripes, even the 'factory offerings' of yesteryear (i.e. say a SS Chevelle). But least those ones are symmetrical. Having only one off to the side (even with the aux thinner one adjacent) looks funny to me.

Still much better than those where people put the ones on the fender by the front wheel or some factory ones like that (i.e. GS Corvette).
Yea I don’t like the look at those at all, I jsut kinda wanna make my q look a bit different especially if it’s satin black

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Yea I don’t like the look at those at all, I jsut kinda wanna make my q look a bit different especially if it’s satin black
The color combo looks good, maybe on the Q it could be done with some different stripes, width and placement. Don't recall seeing any examples out there but I'm sure they exist.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The color combo looks good, maybe on the Q it could be done with some different stripes, width and placement. Don't recall seeing any examples out there but I'm sure they exist.
I’ve been looking and can’t find rly any that don’t look bad lol or not any that match this design, I’m tempted to try it.

· Registered
3,019 Posts
I like it but would offset the stripe even more to line up with passenger seat

· Premium Member
678 Posts
I like it but would offset the stripe even more to line up with passenger seat
I dont know about stripes, but i think you have to have some shine to really slam home the matte. Otherwise it's just expensive primer.

· Premium Member
678 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,968 Posts
Light blue and orange Gulf scheme:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

It's been done on everything that rolls, so might as well be on a Q50 too.

Reactions: mapleDom

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Light blue and orange Gulf scheme:

View attachment 113419

It's been done on everything that rolls, so might as well be on a Q50 too.
You'd have to get the ugly Tag to go with it.

Watch Analog watch Clock Gadget Font

Kidding. LOVE that color scheme actually. Not on your car, though.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,968 Posts

· Registered
3,019 Posts
I jsut wish there was one q out there that tried something similar so I can get an idea
I use Forza 7 for my livery ideas. You can get the Q50 Eau Rouge in it.

· Premium Member
678 Posts

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Have you seen the new Subarus (?...i think...suv?) They've got one contrasting color (pinstripe) that outlines the side (bottom of doors) and rear under bumper. Or maybe just classic pinstripe down the upper edge of both sides front to back.

Attachments

· Registered
3,019 Posts

· Registered
1,567 Posts
I just don't think the body lines are conducive to having stripes. There's a lot of creases and curves already and imo, adding lines would make the whole thing too busy. I think a two tone wrap that took advantage of highlighting the existing lines would look significantly better.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts