Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure my dealer told me this, and the manual offers no help, but how long does the Q50 come with a trial subscription to XM NavTraffic and TravelLink?

IIRC, my G37 had a 30-day trial for these two items? Is the Q50 the same 30 days?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's great for telling that your in a jam after you're already in it. Waze, at times, can be much better.

Where does Sirius get their traffic info? From a reseller like Inrix? And where's Inrix get it?

Waze gets theirs directly from users, in their cars. Waze also gives you red-light cameras, reported hazards, and reported police locations. Their navigation needs improvement, but don't they all.

On trips, I run Waze (using the iphone internal speaker to only announce alerts) with the Q50 navi. It's the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My XM trial lasted for almost 4 months until it cut off yestersday. I really like the NavTraffic. It work well for me. I don't mind to pay $3.99/month for it. But, I don't wants to pay for XM radio which I don't use. I need to call them up and see if I can have NavTraffic without XM subscription.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I first got my Q50 in August, NavTraffic was working in my car. When I first noticed that all the XL channels on SiriusXM were blocked (before I found out this was an InTouch bug), I called SiriusXM, and they sent a refresh signal to my radio. This refresh signal disabled the NavTraffic, so I called SiriusXM back, and they told me that there is no free trial for NavTraffic, but they'd be happy to activate it if I wanted to pay for it. So I got a free trial for TravelLink, which I couldn't use because the software didn't support it, but no free trial for NavTraffic which was working in my car when I first got it? Brilliant! Infiniti and SiriusXM really thought that through, didn't they?

·
Registered
302 Posts
My XM trial lasted for almost 4 months until it cut off yestersday. I really like the NavTraffic. It work well for me. I don't mind to pay $3.99/month for it. But, I don't wants to pay for XM radio which I don't use. I need to call them up and see if I can have NavTraffic without XM subscription.
Mine quit yesterday too. I'm going to try to live without it and use streaming over Bluetooth from my phone with Pandora and Rdio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Infiniti should really pay for another years worth of XM NavTraffic for all Q50 drivers since they didn't meet the Fall update deadline.
Ah I like this idea. :)

Reactions: ATLGsofAllSorts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
FYI, if anyone care.
I was managed to get only NavTraffic for $3.99/month. No need XM radio or any other subscription required. I really miss the green, yellow and red arrow line for some reason. So glad I have it back now. Even thought I rarely used it, at least it lighting up the boring Nav screen.
$3.99 is not too bad. Just 1 less burger for me for a month :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before my 3 months trial subscription ended, they called and offered to give the service for 6 months @ $4.99+tax ($36). I thought it was all services but later found out it was for radio only. I will try to get the traffic added.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I added XM back finally. The NavTraffic came back with it... Or so I thought. It is now off again. They must have put a week trial on. I was so happy when I saw it was back. Bummed again. Not worth it... just like it as a feature.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I added XM back finally. The NavTraffic came back with it... Or so I thought. It is now off again. They must have put a week trial on. I was so happy when I saw it was back. Bummed again. Not worth it... just like it as a feature.

-Matt
They did.. and I think Sirius just turned on XM (but no traffic) for everyone over mothers day weekend.
They like to tease you. ;)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
did no tread all posts
but if anyone interested in getting SXM at discount rate - call 1-888-601-6302
tell then you thinking of canceling and they will give you 5 months for $20 ($4 a month) Select Plan. DO not give CC - ask to wave $2 invoice fees

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.