Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XM Radio has literally called my work phone over 200 times in the last 2 months. They never leave a message, so I choose not to call them back, or answer their calls. Anyone else get so many phone calls from them? I know they are trying to get me to renew my trial, but holy cow...It's to the point that it is comical, and I plan to not answer it to see how long and how often they continue to call. They call at least 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

·
Registered
336 Posts
On my phone, I've made a contact named "Telemarketer" and add all these types of calls under it (mostly headhunters for locums jobs). The contact is set to go to voicemail immediately, and voicemail from these numbers are set to go automatically to trash in gmail.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
XM Radio has literally called my work phone over 200 times in the last 2 months. They never leave a message, so I choose not to call them back, or answer their calls. Anyone else get so many phone calls from them? I know they are trying to get me to renew my trial, but holy cow...It's to the point that it is comical, and I plan to not answer it to see how long and how often they continue to call. They call at least 3 times a day, 7 days a week.
A rare call, but I do get a lot of junk mail (traditional type), urging me to renew the trial on my Lexus. I spoke with them a couple of times, telling them that I would get a second lifetime subscription if they sold it for the same $350 as my original. Of course, they don't take the offer.

I know the current price is much higher than that. They made the offer, for only a few months, before their big merger with XM. They were strapped for cash, and my friends said they would fold. I took a chance.

So I recently transferred the subscription from the BMW to the Q50. Those suckers tried to charge me a $75 "transfer fee". I told them that no such fee existed in my original contract. The finally backed down, but not without a fight. Good thing I don't have a valid credit card on their file, anymore.

I think I'm going to live forever just to spite them.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I renewed, then cancelled a year later. Canceling XM radio was one of the hardest things I've ever done! They make it incredibly hard and refuse to hear "no" sending you to manager after manager and then accidentally hanging up . . . I was literally yelling at them by the end. I vowed to never renew XM again. BTA with Pandora or other music service is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I renewed, then cancelled a year later. Canceling XM radio was one of the hardest things I've ever done! They make it incredibly hard and refuse to hear "no" sending you to manager after manager and then accidentally hanging up . . . I was literally yelling at them by the end. I vowed to never renew XM again. BTA with Pandora or other music service is the way to go.
Thanks for the headsup. I was considering signing up for traffic and XM Travel Link, but now i think I will skip it.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
My XM was activated after the 1.9 update on Nov 3 but I never call them to extend it 90 days from Nov 3 but it will expire on Dec26 90 day s from date of Sept27 purchase, it's fine with me as I am not a fan of Sirius.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I really want to keep just XM Traffic when the trial ends but the prospect of dealing with their customer service if I ever want to cancel will probably win out and I'll just let it expire instead. If I ever see the lifetime deal for just traffic then I'll jump on that though.

I have read way too many horror stories about Sirius/XM. Not only with cancelations and renewals, but also billing issues (such as knee-jerk reporting to collections) when your credit card changes and so forth.

It reminds me of a lot of the things I read about Terminix (and experienced first hand). They also were a real pain to cancel.

The trend with these companies is that they don't allow you to fully manage your account online (i.e. renewals, cancelation, etc).

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: jkay
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.