6,085 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
And I self identify as Superman on Tuesdays. That doesn't mean I can stop a speeding locomotive or bend steel with my bare hands. Well, maybe the second one. If it is a coat hanger.

I'd like to see a comparison of track times around Road America between a Taurus SHO and a Police Explorer "interceptor". Whaddya think?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
And I self identify as Superman on Tuesdays. That doesn't mean I can stop a speeding locomotive or bend steel with my bare hands. Well, maybe the second one. If it is a coat hanger.

I'd like to see a comparison of track times around Road America between a Taurus SHO and a Police Explorer "interceptor". Whaddya think?
I still have a soft spot for the Crown Vic so I can't reply. :)

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
498 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I still have a soft spot for the Crown Vic so I can't reply. :)
Remember the Mercury Marauder? A Crown Vic with lock washers and a more powerful engine. A shirttail relative owned one and took me for a ride. I would happily own that car.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
498 Posts
Those long tailpipes were very distinctive.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe AWD with Sensory & ProAssist pkgs - Black/Graphite
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Well, there is a fairly authoritative study done by the state of Michigan that compares almost all of the official police pursuit vehicles and it has compared the Ford Interceptor Sedan vs the Ford Interceptor Utility with the Sedan beating out the Utility, along with all the other pursuit vehicles. This is the link to the 2018 study right here, since Ford stopped making the Sedan models a few years back along with all of their other sedans.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
445 Posts
Your vehicle is Certified so you get free 24 hour RSA for the full life of you warranty as well as trip interruption for the full life of your warranty. You have an issue with your tires, call the number on the card inside your owners manual.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts