Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
maxlegends - Your feedback, anecdotal evidence, and real-world testing are a true gift to the enthusiasts of this platform. I encourage you to share your wealth of knowledge to us less experienced enthusiasts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dont shoot the messenger. This platform is brand new, and we need guys taking this engine to the limit so we know the boundaries. After 2 years I think we are only scratching the surface.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,071 Posts
Dont shoot the messenger. This platform is brand new, and we need guys taking this engine to the limit so we know the boundaries. After 2 years I think we are only scratching the surface.
Just not maxlegends.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right now this 3.0 is doing the same as a stock 2JZ with twins.
Uh, as a former is300 owner, we both know that being an inline, you have to wind that thing up to high RPM's to get anywhere near max power.... down low there's garbage.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I guess I joined after most of the max legends stuff. Hi Max! >:D

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Uh, as a former is300 owner, we both know that being an inline, you have to wind that thing up to high RPM's to get anywhere near max power.... down low there's garbage.
Well in fairness the VQ platform that the VR30/38 is at least partially based off us was also a very high-revving NA Motor (for a V configuration at least).
Bit more low end than a inline 6 but you still had to wind it up to above 5K to start making real power. B

I'd honestly prefer to see the VR30 engine loose some low end torque if it means the car got a bit bigger stock turbos, it would let the tuning
community push much farther on stock turbos than they currently can.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Max ran a 12.04 and 12.06 on JB4 but I am not sure what his current setup is.. hopefully he hasn't blown anything up again

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Max ran a 12.04 and 12.06 on JB4 but I am not sure what his current setup is.. hopefully he hasn't blown anything up again
Hmmm you'd hope he would proceed with caution.... But Ddnspider did only manage [email protected] with an psudo-LSD and meth injection
@ 17 PSI.... So I somehow doubt AWD is making up that large a difference.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hmmm you'd hope he would proceed with caution.... But Ddnspider did only manage [email protected] with an psudo-LSD and meth injection
@ 17 PSI.... So I somehow doubt AWD is making up that large a difference.
I think the awd is making a big difference based on 60ft times. Best I've seen is a 1.9 and the AWD guys are showing 1.6 or 1.7. if I dropped 3 tenths in the 60ft I'd be well into the 11s. I just can't get out of the hole. I should also point out that I'm in FL so the weather is not exactly kind to hero passes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think the awd is making a big difference based on 60ft times. Best I've seen is a 1.9 and the AWD guys are showing 1.6 or 1.7. if I dropped 3 tenths in the 60ft I'd be well into the 11s. I just can't get out of the hole. I should also point out that I'm in FL so the weather is not exactly kind to hero passes.
what tires have you run so far? that's one area i need to do serious research

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
what tires have you run so far? that's one area i need to do serious research
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Pretty happy with them, especially for the price. They stuck hard at the track, I think almost TOO well as it seemed like I was bogging a bit. Track they'll spin from a dig, but otherwise hook up nicely.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
"I was right lolz"

mmkay. Was there a dyno plot posted in the OP that I missed?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts