Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about grabbing an AWD q50 red sport. I saw the video below saying you can convert it to 2wd. Has anyone tested this? On many cars, you can convert them to 2wd through electronic means, but it actually causes damage to the transfer cases. For example. Only older jeep SRT models, you could do this no problem. But, on newer jeeps you literally have to remove hard parts or you will damage the transfer case.

Anyone have any links or knowledge on this subject? The purpose of this is for tuning on a 2wd dyno instead of a 4wd dyno. It would be used in 4wd mode outside of the dyno.

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Premium AWD Hybrid
104 Posts
The guts of the transfer case is a wet clutch pack, provided that stays disengaged with this mod, then it won't cause any issues, it just disconnects drive to the front diff. But I don't know exactly how this mod works.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
I appreciate the information. Mostly what we saw on the jeeps was long term damage, not short term. People would dyno them, then a year later their transfer case would give out. It was seemingly unrelated until people figure it out.
interesting.

I didnt run it for days or weeks. Hours maybe.

That was 13k miles back.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Why would you? You can buy them as RWD cars and it’d be cheaper than an AWD anyway. Are you talking just for dyno purposes? Are there no AWD dynos in your area?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Cool. Hope it works out for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.