Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q50S RWD
220 Posts
My favorite “Search Community” has left me still asking the question - What brake pad is recommended for street driving with Z1’s 2-piece sprinkle slotted rotors?

Thoughts?
I'm using EBC Red Stuff. Great initial bite and better fade control for aggressive canyon runs. They do emit a fair amount of dust, but I think it's comparable to the factory pads. Even after the bedding procedure, EBC recommends driving under normal, urban conditions for about 1k miles until the brake pads reach maximum potential.

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q50S RWD
220 Posts
I can recommend what pads NOT to get...the Centric Posi Quiet. So far, in my experience, they are anything but quiet. On warm/dry days, they are fine. But when they are cold/wet, they make an awful squeal. I did the proper bedding procedure, twice now, and they still do it. They perform just fine, in all scenarios, but the noise when cold/wet is so obnoxious. I will be looking to swap out the pads in a few months if it does not get any better.
Curious to know if you reapplied brake squeal or lube after the initial inspection. That may help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts