Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Originally bought the ADD W1 kit because I liked the colored parts you can put on it, ( I was going with purple). But once I saw the hose routing of the Z1 kit I decided to go with that one since the ADD W1 seems to have you route the hoses in a willy-nilly kind of way. Plus I've seen complaints of the ADD W1.

Put the kit on, on Saturday. What should have only taken about an hour took me about 2 all because of the stupid lower throttle body allen bolt you have to mount the bracket to. I swear that bolt took me about an hour to get off and back on. Too much stuff in the way, wire harnesses, intercooler bracket, etc. I could have saved myself a ton of aggrivation and swearing by moving the intercoolers but I didn't want to mess with that. The Z1 instructions said to remove the 4 bolts holding the intercooler on, but didn't show a picture of those 4 bolts. There were only 2 bolts that were obvious to me so i just dealt with the intercoolers being in the way. Routing the hoses on the drivers side wasn't too bad but that ONE GD ALLEN BOLT had me swearing all over the place! :mad:

Woke up Sunday morning and my lower back was killing me. My calves too. I guess I was on my tippy-toes a lot.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Auto part

Anyway got it put on and it looks good.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

One thing is that whatever this thing is with the green plastic bung is, was in the way of the can itself. I had to shove it back to make the can fit. Hopefully that's not an issue.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Gas

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another quick question: Can I use the intake line from the Z1 to suck Sea Foam in to try and clean the intake valves? I know it probably won't do a whole lot but if it gets rid of half of the gunk that might be on my valves it will be worth it. Ever since I learned about the cons of GDI I'm paranoid about carbon build up. Hence the catch can.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
seafoam will not remove that hard carbon deposits. it will only remove the easier to get to items. the only way to have seafoam or any other liquid cleaning agent be effective is to consistently use it. that's why water/meth injection is effective in removing the deposits as well, its constantly applied.

if it matters, my q50 has 54k miles on it. i recently took a 470 mile trip and avg'd 33.4mpg traveling between 70-75mph.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The PS lower TB bolt is a bi**h to reach and is 15' long. I was swearing too! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
331 Posts
seafoam will not remove that hard carbon deposits. it will only remove the easier to get to items. the only way to have seafoam or any other liquid cleaning agent be effective is to consistently use it. that's why water/meth injection is effective in removing the deposits as well, its constantly applied.

if it matters, my q50 has 54k miles on it. i recently took a 470 mile trip and avg'd 33.4mpg traveling between 70-75mph.
Minor thread hijack: water/meth injection.

I thought that was a part time gig - PRN. Like an additional MAP. It's all the time? Say you have a gallon reservoir. How long does that last? Tank? Couple of tanks? Give me the skinny

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Minor thread hijack: water/meth injection.

I thought that was a part time gig - PRN. Like an additional MAP. It's all the time? Say you have a gallon reservoir. How long does that last? Tank? Couple of tanks? Give me the skinny
its only under boost at a certain threshold. in that instance, "all the time" just means consistently or at intervals often enough that its actually helpful. kinda like brushing your teeth, theyll be yellow if you brush them 3 times a week but twice/thrice daily will generally keep them white.

Reactions: RaceCar

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
971 Posts
Not a scientific gauge but - my 2 gal BMS WMI tank was full when he started and was still half full after Hussain @ Racebox had it on the dyno for a few hours. I typically top it off when I get home from a new tank of gas. I might go thru a gallon of methanol every 3 months and a gallon of boost juice every 4 months.

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
331 Posts
Not a scientific gauge but - my 2 gal BMS WMI tank was full when he started and was still half full after Hussain @ Racebox had it on the dyno for a few hours. I typically top it off when I get home from a new tank of gas. I might go thru a gallon of methanol every 3 months and a gallon of boost juice every 4 months.
Perfect!

Exact info i needed. TY

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,908 Posts
How long does that last?
Easy to calculate
1CC = 1 ML
1 gallon = 3785ML or CC
If you spray 1000cc/min you will have 3.785 minutes of WOT spray per gallon.
If you’re avg WOT duration is 10seconds you would have 22.7 WOT pulls per 1 gallon.

Generally at around 25% of a tank you would stop using it until you fill up again as under WOT sloshing can starve the pump.

Drop to 500cc/min and 5 gallon tank (4g usable to keep above 25%) and 5 seconds avg WOT pulls/wmi usage and you have 363 pulls at avg 2 pulls a day and it’ll last 6 months.

Everyone’s setups and usage is entirely on the individual. So how long it'll last you vs someone else could vary tremendously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts