Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking to get the ark catback, hks BOV, ams LDP, and ams intakes, mainly through z1 motorsports but I can’t find any working coupons for the life of me. Does anyone have a coupon that works or another site where I can get them cheaper?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
So nice of you to do all the legwork for a new member that's only been here for an hour.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
At least you get quality parts and customer support by going with a known vendor like Z1 and AMS.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So nice of you to do all the legwork for a new member that's only been here for an hour.
What is the appropriate amount of time to wait before helping a new member?

Will there be a day where no more posts are allowed because all questions have been answered? Perhaps this should be a wiki instead of a forum? You could make an all encompassing sticky wiki to replace the entire forum.

Reactions: Chaney

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
There is nothing worse then feeling pretty confident with your purchase, going to check out, and seeing the dreadful "Discount Code" box. You slam on the brakes, open another browser window, frantically search for discount code only to spend half an hour finding expired or no codes. Then you start to second guess your purchase. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is nothing worse then feeling pretty confident with your purchase, going to check out, and seeing the dreadful "Discount Code" box. You slam on the brakes, open another browser window, frantically search for discount code only to spend half an hour finding expired or no codes. Then you start to second guess your purchase. Lol
Exactly 🤣

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help! I have a 3.0 but some of those work.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts

Will there be a day where no more posts are allowed because all questions have been answered? Perhaps this should be a wiki instead of a forum? You could make an all encompassing sticky wiki to replace the entire forum.
I think I understand what Metal Head means. For me, the level of 'effort' I may put in to a reply does depend on the poster's post count. All too often a person stumbles upon this site while searching for their current question/topic, they quickly create an account, ask their question, then move on. Oftentimes they never come back. Nothing wrong with helping someone with 1 post count, but personally, I won't invest a lot of time in it.

But, yeah, Iridium is the king of finding the deals! :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
But, yeah, Iridium is the king of finding the deals! :)
Getting the mods "at the best deal" helps with the discussion I have with my wife when parts show up at the front door... "What did you buy now?"

"It's (just) a _, but I got it on-sale!" LOL

Reactions: Q-Zilla

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
My wife does that to me. Our Chase credit cards have certain extra cash back retailers on top of the regular cash back. So my wife will opt-in to the Starbucks 5%. She'll tell me "I saved you 5%". And I say "No, you cost me 95%". :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts

I certainly did not tell anyone here that they had to wait for any period of time before helping a new member and I'll ignore the sarcasm coming from of the rest of your post.

If someone wants to help a new member, feel free to post up. I'll do the same thing from time to time depending on the question but after over 11,000 posts and answering the same questions over and over again from new members, I've grown weary of doing so. Granted, a lot of good information is already here that will answer most all of those questions but it can be difficult to sort through because of all the thread derailments and vague thread titles that are an inseparable part of this forum.

So if someone indicates they've looked around here and couldn't find the answer they're searching for, I understand that and help when I can. The new members who within a hour of their registration, first post something like "I just bought a Q50 and I want to know the best (insert mod here) to buy and where to get it." It's obvious to me (and to other veteran members) that the new member has spent zero time reading anything here and just wants someone to spoon-feed them what they're looking for. They don't tell us the year or trim level of their car, any options they have, any mods they've already done or even their location. All of which are necessary when answering questions. Why should I feel motivated to spend my valuable time digging up answers for someone who hasn't lifted a finger to do so themselves?

Judging from the number of members who still don't put their vehicle information in their signature field or their location under their avatar, it would seem to me that new members (and older members for that matter) either don't read the New Member sticky or do read it but don't appear to give a sh1t about complying with what is being asked of them. They aren't rules but rather guidelines so no one is going to get their pee-pee whacked if they don't do so. Still, answering questions is a lot easier if some modicum of information is provided by the new member. I remind new members from time to time about the sticky but I'm pretty much ignored anyway so perhaps you can see why it gets frustrating.

I'm with the Spud on this one. If you want me to invest my time in helping you, show me that you've at least tried to help yourself first. I spend too much time here as it is reading every single post, hunting for and banning spammers, moving threads to the proper sub-forums and keeping the peace in addition to helping others.

How does the old saying go? "God helps those who help themselves"? Here, it's "The forum helps those who help themselves".

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Red Sport 400, Dynamic Sunstone Red with Gallery White Interior
13 Posts
Way to go Irriduim! Impressive deals...now I gotta figure out how to not get strung out by my toes if the wife finds out lol

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I certainly did not tell anyone here that they had to wait for any period of time before helping a new member and I'll ignore the sarcasm coming from of the rest of your post.

If someone wants to help a new member, feel free to post up. I'll do the same thing from time to time depending on the question but after over 11,000 posts and answering the same questions over and over again from new members, I've grown weary of doing so. Granted, a lot of good information is already here that will answer most all of those questions but it can be difficult to sort through because of all the thread derailments and vague thread titles that are an inseparable part of this forum.

So if someone indicates they've looked around here and couldn't find the answer they're searching for, I understand that and help when I can. The new members who within a hour of their registration, first post something like "I just bought a Q50 and I want to know the best (insert mod here) to buy and where to get it." It's obvious to me (and to other veteran members) that the new member has spent zero time reading anything here and just wants someone to spoon-feed them what they're looking for. They don't tell us the year or trim level of their car, any options they have, any mods they've already done or even their location. All of which are necessary when answering questions. Why should I feel motivated to spend my valuable time digging up answers for someone who hasn't lifted a finger to do so themselves?

Judging from the number of members who still don't put their vehicle information in their signature field or their location under their avatar, it would seem to me that new members (and older members for that matter) either don't read the New Member sticky or do read it but don't appear to give a sh1t about complying with what is being asked of them. They aren't rules but rather guidelines so no one is going to get their pee-pee whacked if they don't do so. Still, answering questions is a lot easier if some modicum of information is provided by the new member. I remind new members from time to time about the sticky but I'm pretty much ignored anyway so perhaps you can see why it gets frustrating.

I'm with the Spud on this one. If you want me to invest my time in helping you, show me that you've at least tried to help yourself first. I spend too much time here as it is reading every single post, hunting for and banning spammers, moving threads to the proper sub-forums and keeping the peace in addition to helping others.

How does the old saying go? "God helps those who help themselves"? Here, it's "The forum helps those who help themselves".
I hope you know I didn’t ask for spoon feeding. I’ve spent many hours researching the best deals and thinking over my $5,000 cart with no coupons. If you need any reference for reliability, check out my Instagram, I’m all cars 24/7 👍

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If you need any reference for reliability, check out my Instagram, I’m all cars 24/7 👍
And in the PNW, too.

Infiniti Q50s & Q60s are a rare sighting in these parts. In comparison, I can't drive 5 miles without seeing a Tesla...

Reactions: PNWsupercars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agreed.
I didn’t see it happen yet with czp or z1, but on some sites I’ll fill everything out to just before placing the order, then close the browser. Some companies will start bombarding you with reminders....and sometimes include a code. Or rarely a phone call... where you can then discuss concerns and maybe get a little package deal if several items in your cart.

btw... I paid low $400s from shopping Infiniti dealers near me for intakes, so $399 is outstanding.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
I hope you know I didn’t ask for spoon feeding. I’ve spent many hours researching the best deals and thinking over my $5,000 cart with no coupons. If you need any reference for reliability, check out my Instagram, I’m all cars 24/7 👍
That post was a response to SilveRS's post and wasn't directed at you. If I were spending that much money, I'd be looking for some coupons too. I don't see a need for references here.

Reactions: PNWsupercars

·
Registered
231 Posts
I knew what was coming to me when I talked back. Lol..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts