Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't see much going for Genesis. Do they have an SUV coming? If not, they're dead in the water.
My wife has the Santa Fe Ultimate (3rd row), heated leather seats, infotainment has Android Auto, SiriusXM with recording capability... it's effn awesome, tons of power for what it is and AWD. They could honestly slap a Genesis badge on it and some fancy gadgets/nanny tech and charge another 10-15k. The only problem with it is going to the dealership... and like mentioned before, this will be the downfall of Genesis. Until they get a dealership that says Genesis, which doesn't feel like the inside of the DMV or welfare office, charge you $150 to look at a stuck backseat, or swarm you with sales people about turning in your lease early to lease the newer same thing a year and a half down the road, they will still be Hyundai.

And let me tell you, Hyundai dealerships are half a step out of ****.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Literally my first thought...

Nice article. Hadn't seen that one before. The way they describe the differences comports with what I've read in other places, namely, that the Stinger is bigger, heavier, and a bit smoother while the G70 is smaller, lighter, and sportier. For me the G70, of the two, has more of what I want in a car.

Scary makes some interesting observations about dealerships. This is going to be critical for Genesis. I really like the experience I get from my Infiniti dealership. Even the service area is immaculate and the staff are friendly and laid-back. It just exudes an air of quality. My brother and I recently went looking for information he wanted to pass onto his son who's looking for a minivan. We visited some Toyota and Honda dealerships and I'd forgotten how unpleasant a car dealership can be. Pushy sales people, ridiculous add-on charges attached to the cars, sloppy and crowded surroundings -- yeck. Genesis is going to have to avoid that kind of atmosphere if it wants to lure customers away from established premium brands. The G70 promises to be a very nice car but it'll take more than that, I think, for Genesis to succeed in the long run. Aggressive pricing (something Infiniti seems to be doing these days) and a good dealership experience will be necessary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Such an ugly car. Lines make no sense. It’s like a grade schooler tried making the family sedan look cooler by adding aggressive fender and front fascia accents. Then you get to the rearend and the design already looks dated.
It's like they remolded the front of a Q50 and the rear of a 7 series BMW

·
Registered
35 Posts
Latest word on G70 availability is July according to multiple people on the G70 Forum who've spoken with dealers. Apparently, a whole bunch of cars are in the port and Genesis needs to move them to dealers. The process will take a few weeks and dealers expect to have them on their lots some time in July.
24 days left in July from where I sit. How was the test drive?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Every pre-release review I have read has made comment of the "tight" back seat. Even though I rarely carry passengers back there, I did not want to make that compromise, hence the Q50 in my garage. When I saw the first pictures of the G70, I thought it was a good looking car. Now, many months later, the front end is not wearing well in my mind. In my opinion the Q50 is still the best looking car in it's class and I'm willing to accept the crappy infotainment system to have a car I don't hate looking at.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
HOLY OLD THREAD, GUISE!

A G70 was a consideration of mine for a short while as well.

Aftermarket support isn't there yet, and I'm a Nissan fan anyway. When I saw how little was required to coax power out of the VR30, the G70 was immediately off the table.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
The Chrysler 300 grill kills what really is a sporty car. The G70 will thrash a Stinger I still like my Q50 better.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Every pre-release review I have read has made comment of the "tight" back seat. Even though I rarely carry passengers back there, I did not want to make that compromise, hence the Q50 in my garage. When I saw the first pictures of the G70, I thought it was a good looking car. Now, many months later, the front end is not wearing well in my mind. In my opinion the Q50 is still the best looking car in it's class and I'm willing to accept the crappy infotainment system to have a car I don't hate looking at.
Aye Q50 is a looker and the G70 front end just looks off to me, Q60 is honestly my favorite looking car for under 100K when it comes to looks aside from maybe the current F-Type.
That said I think the G70's back seats would be pretty usable, it's a big bigger than the 2-series bmw and even that had fairly functional
rear seats.

So I think they are still 100% practical even if you have kids/child seats, granted it's not me crawling over them to pull stuff out
so welcome to ignore that point if that's your daily routine. lol

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The Chrysler 300 grill kills what really is a sporty car. The G70 will thrash a Stinger I still like my Q50 better.

Forget the grill on the Chrysler; the car just looks like a rolling brick to me - no style to it.

I don't like the front end look, either. However, it's still better than the ugliest "nose" on the road: Any recent Lexus

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
stinger front end looks like a fish.

g70 interior looks nice but closing its doors sound so tinny.

I’d probably consider them if they aren’t priced that high.

Edit: the lexus front end looks as if it lost terribly in a fist fight

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Genesis G70 I honestly think it's a great car!

The day my Accord finally goes out (Hopefully not for another year at least) I'll be looking into a G70.

I don't know much it would cost to have the configuration below but:

-It's just a nice car (Interior and exterior), it's 4 doors it comes with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S!!!
-Comes with cooled seats that not even our cars have (I don't really mind it though)
-Comes with Brembo brakes!!
-Last but not least....you can get it with a manual transmission (only on 2.0T) and IT HAS LSD!!!

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
The Genesis G70 I honestly think it's a great car!

The day my Accord finally goes out (Hopefully not for another year at least) I'll be looking into a G70.

I don't know much it would cost to have the configuration below but:

-It's just a nice car (Interior and exterior), it's 4 doors it comes with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S!!!
-Comes with cooled seats that not even our cars have (I don't really mind it though)
-Last but not least....you can get it with a manual transmission (only on 2.0T) and IT HAS LSD!!!
Yep I suspect that once a few Q50 leases are up those looking for a bit sportier driving car will be walking across
the street and right into a Genesis/Kia dealer for a G70/Stinger. The manual may actually be coming for the larger
motor in 1-2 years.

The manual is out of the Genesis Coupe because the base engine is the same, they didn't have one designed for the new motor
so pending demand Kia said they consider it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yep I suspect that once a few Q50 leases are up those looking for a bit sportier driving car will be walking across
the street and right into a Genesis/Kia dealer for a G70/Stinger. The manual may actually be coming for the larger
motor in 1-2 years.

The manual is out of the Genesis Coupe because the base engine is the same, they didn't have one designed for the new motor
so pending demand Kia said they consider it.
If they make a manual for the bigger engine I'd def be all over it, save the manuals :D

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
If they make a manual for the bigger engine I'd def be all over it, save the manuals :D
Hah I'm fine with automatics (Sacrilege I know) but I'm always down for more choices when it come to transmissions.
That said I know marketing says it doesn't make sense for 5% of drivers on specific models of cars but the math really doesn't work.

Those 5% are enthusiasts who will usually not compromise about that fact, which means manufactures are giving up a few percentage
worth of of their sales each to whomever offered a manual. In which case it would be BMW, Jag and those numbers add up.

Besides 5% increase in sales is still 5% and it's not like manual transmissions are difficult or expensive to build in the first place,
it never made any sense on why they dropped them to me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Because they don't want cars sitting on lots for 9 months, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
A good dual clutch will fix that 5% loss... The slush box is my real bitch.. If an ECUTEK tune fixes the throttle delay I'll be thrilled.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i agree those are all items on the plus side, but i notice you left out the macpherson strut front suspension?

·
Registered
376 Posts
i agree those are all items on the plus side, but i notice you left out the macpherson strut front suspension?
I hate to admit this but I actually know very little in terms of suspension types.....So I didn't really look into the suspension setup

61 - 80 of 91 Posts