Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got my Q60 a couple of days ago. Pulled out my trusty Blue Driver ODB2 reader. Best $99 scan tool you can buy. Out performs other tools costing 10x more. Reads just about EVERY system (General, engine, body, TPMS, SRS air bag, A/C, transmission, etc.)

Found the two "dealer" reset codes. Reset them just fine.

It was $90 around Thanksgiving. I put a price alert for $95 and we'll see if it drops for New Years.

I looked for a manual as I don't know much about these and all I can find is it says there is one in the app. I'd rather have a searchable one in large enough text that I don't need my glasses.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For what its worth, I have the TPMS relearn tool that resets this ridiculous error. So if anyone is in the CT area, you're welcome to come by and use it.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,012 Posts
re-learn tool source

For what its worth, I have the TPMS relearn tool that resets this ridiculous error. So if anyone is in the CT area, you're welcome to come by and use it.
Any sources for a relatively inexpensive tool that works with a 2016+?

Granted some places will reset it for free, but does not help me when up in the UP (MI).
It may be a handi thing to take on long trips.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any sources for a relatively inexpensive tool that works with a 2016+?

Granted some places will reset it for free, but does not help me when up in the UP (MI).
It may be a handi thing to take on long trips.

I think this was right around $400-500 if Im not mistaken... I wouldnt call it relatively inexpensive but it works with all cars, so that part is handy. Its done a lot of TPMS jobs for friends/family.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,012 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just got my Q60 a couple of days ago. Pulled out my trusty Blue Driver ODB2 reader. Best $99 scan tool you can buy. Out performs other tools costing 10x more. Reads just about EVERY system (General, engine, body, TPMS, SRS air bag, A/C, transmission, etc.)

Found the two "dealer" reset codes. Reset them just fine.
Can you please share us the Ebay or Amazon link. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
W flat tyre reset

Guys, I am John from UK with Q50s hybrid 2017. I had flat in run flat tyre on Saturday 27th which showed flat tyre warning ⚠ and red numbers on TPMS. I tried garage and tyre centre but couldn’t help. I disconnected 12v battery and reconnected on Monday 29th. No luck. I tried driving at 50mph for 10 miles on 29th No luck

I drove the car again today 30th and the flat tyre warning ⚠ went away and the red number on the TPMS went normal

Hope this helps. Regards from the other side of the pond

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto-Fixed after 8 days.

Hey guys,

I had the same issue with my Q50 2014.
At May 5 2019 i got a flat tire warning(front left tire) like all here. On same day we found a way to repair tire and i ordered new run-flats and yet waiting them to arrive. So i decided to wait till i get them.
Yesterday at May 13 2019 it was auto-fixed.
I can't say it' because of 8 days ,or miles (approximately 70-80 miles),but in any case it was auto-fixed.

Also one of our guys who has FX35 told met that it will be auto-fixed after multiple engine start-stop(this also can be as during 8 days for sure i started the engine at least 16-20 times:)). Theoretically this is also possible.

But don't waist your money ,just be a patient and flat tire warning will be auto-fixed after some time (in my case 8 days ,about 70-80 miles , and approximately 16-20 engine starts).

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Not sure if this is relevant but Mercedes will clear codes if issue was fixed after 20 cycles.

Reactions: Loring

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yes, this is OBD2 standard, though some mfgs have different protocols.

Fault healing will clear the light after some number (usually 2) of key cycles. Fault shedding will erase the code from the history faults after some greater number of drive cycles with no fault (20-100).

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,665 Posts
The service manual shows the flat tire warning icon and the message next to the icon says: "Frat Tire Visit Dealer". LOL!

I couldn't find any mention of the TPMS auto-correcting itself after a flat tire warning (for RFT-fitted vehicles only). It does say that the warning/indicator cancel condition requires the tire pressure of all tires reach the reference value and that the DTC has been erased.

Perhaps the ignition counter is involved in the resetting of the DTC. It keeps track of the number of times the ignition switch is turned ON after the DTC is detected. If it displays "0", it means the system is currently malfunctioning. If it displays a number other than 0, it indicates that the system DTC was detected in the past and the ignition has been turned on "X" number of times since the DTC but that the system is presently normal. It will track up to 39 times and then stay at 39 until the self diagnosis is erased. This counter is only accessible using a CONSULT scan tool.

Maybe after a certain number of ignition starts the DTC clears itself and then the Flat Tire Warning clears , but I can't find any reference to that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adjust tire pressure

I had the flat tire sign on for a week or two. The day after I adjusted tire pressures it went off.
- start from a suboptimal pressure. Apply air until the horn beeps (will sound like when you lock the doors)
- repeat for all tires.

·
Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
69 Posts
This is for future owners if they have this issue. My runflat was destroyed after hitting a pothole/manhole and had to be replaced.

I replaced all four tires and I still had the warning lights after. I used back the stock tpms sensors and after the install they were reading the tire pressure and functioning fine. But i was still getting the warning of flat tire.

No need to make a trip to the dealership however.

I was having the same issue and after driving 50 miles they warnings did not turn off. I even tried clearing the code with my JB4 but it didnt detect any error codes. I took it back to shop that replaced my tire and they used their OBD Scanner to clear the code in 5 minutes. I didnt have to go to the dealership to reset the warnings. Just a heads up!

Jon

61 - 76 of 76 Posts