Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Q50 Red Sport AWD
14 Posts
Not too loud per se, but possibly too much drone.
True, I was going off sound clips. If it’s too much drone, I can swap out the LDP to another aftermarket pair that are resonated. Thanks for the heads up. Once the exhaust comes in I’ll give an update

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
True, I was going off sound clips. If it’s too much drone, I can swap out the LDP to another aftermarket pair that are resonated. Thanks for the heads up. Once the exhaust comes in I’ll give an update
Yeah, interested to know how it works out with MR LDPs and FI non-resonated CB. Please do report. The MR LDPs with my non-resonated Stillen CB was unbearable around 2k RPMs. Swapped in resonated HKS LDPs and barely helped. Added some in-line resonators into the Stillen mid-pipe and helped a lot!

·
Registered
2017 q50 signature edition majestic white
58 Posts
Is this the brace you removed for the rattle. I have a slight rattle under harder acceleration after my mr downpipe install

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
Is this the brace you removed for the rattle. I have a slight rattle under harder acceleration after my mr downpipe install
Correct. Most of us have clearance issues with that brace with pretty much any aftermarket CB you choose. I ditched my brace completely. But maybe the smarter thing to do is add 1/4" - 1/2" spacers to increase clearance.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Just use the spacers with longer bolts.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
I used spacers on my cross-member to add a gap between the exhaust piping and no rattle problems. Don't know if that is your problem though. It is simple to do to eliminate the known rattle problem if the cross-member is touching the exhaust piping.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
138 Posts
So I got my Invidia Gemini catback installed. Along with Megan racing LDP. All I can say is, I understand why @Jonjostar disappeared, I've been taking every opportunity to drive the car. Thoroughly enjoying the set up. Beautiful tone, no highway drone at cruise speed ~ 115 km/h... feeling the torque gains too. o_Oo_O

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
138 Posts
I will post sound clips eventually, probably will get around to making video tomorrow night...

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,557 Posts
Very nice to hear! (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Does anyone hear a nasty rasp around 2500 rpms ? I know OP said he didn't have any. But I hear it everytime, at upshifts, downshifts. I have it booked to the MBRP 3" exhaust on q50 red sport

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Does anyone hear a nasty rasp around 2500 rpms ? I know OP said he didn't have any. But I hear it everytime, at upshifts, downshifts. I have it booked to the MBRP 3" exhaust on q50 red sport
Sorry, typo. I meant hooked *

·
Registered
58 Posts
2k-3k under any decent acceleration has loud rattle rasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
2k-3k under any decent acceleration has loud rattle rasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohhh okay okay. I guess that's just how it is. Is there no way of reducing the loud rattle rasp ? It's pretty obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm just curious, but I'm not sure what rasp sounds like. Can anyone describe the sound or link me to a video of it?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts