Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright then, I appreciate that. Do all the Bose features still work for you?

Question 2, where did you buy yours from? Maybe the place I saw wasn't even an official retailer...also if you get any sort of affiliate links or attaboys, I will gladly give you the referral too
What Bose features are you referring to? I bought directly from Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The Audio Pilot, the Driver Stage, etc
I believe I've played with the driver stage, not sure I've trie the Audio Pilot. I have a premium, no bells/whistles, with Bose so not sure if some of those are options based on package.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I believe I've played with the driver stage, not sure I've trie the Audio Pilot. I have a premium, no bells/whistles, with Bose so not sure if some of those are options based on package.
If you have the bose, there is a setting (menu>settings>audio) and there is Driver Sound Stage, Surround Speaker Level, and Centerpoint on/off. If the Phoenix keeps those, thats a must-buy lol

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you have the bose, there is a setting (menu>settings>audio) and there is Driver Sound Stage, Surround Speaker Level, and Centerpoint on/off. If the Phoenix keeps those, thats a must-buy lol
I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yeah I'd love to find out!

How did you get it for $550? I only see $650 directly?
I had ordered during the group purchase of the V2. That's why I said even though there were some little bugs, getting that for $550 is pretty darn good. I heard there's another GP kicking off on the FB Group page.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I had ordered during the group purchase of the V2. That's why I said even though there were some little bugs, getting that for $550 is pretty darn good. I heard there's another GP kicking off on the FB Group page.
yeah its definitely worth it at that price.
the bose settings are still there.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What Im hearing now is you guys want me to buy this /forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
lmao, it'll be a must have as soon as they come out the Bluetooth update so we can display gauges.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Whats up everyone, i'm an owner of a 2014 q50s fully loaded. I'm pretty sure I have every possible feature you could get. Anyway, just wondering what wouldn't work. I'll probably ask a ton of questions but just don't want to buy this an there be a couple things that are showstoppers for me. The factory in touch sucks, probably the work part about the car. The cameras quality are pretty terrible too, but that's another whole rant.

All around cameras? Heating steering wheel? When you use bluetooth is it actually connecting to the tablet then outputing thorugh the Aux? Do all the hard buttons and wheels work both from steering wheel and center console?

Is the thread starter of the post the owner of this youtube vid?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Whats up everyone, i'm an owner of a 2014 q50s fully loaded. I'm pretty sure I have every possible feature you could get. Anyway, just wondering what wouldn't work. I'll probably ask a ton of questions but just don't want to buy this an there be a couple things that are showstoppers for me. The factory in touch sucks, probably the work part about the car. The cameras quality are pretty terrible too, but that's another whole rant.

All around cameras? Heating steering wheel? When you use bluetooth is it actually connecting to the tablet then outputing thorugh the Aux? Do all the hard buttons and wheels work both from steering wheel and center console?

Is the thread starter of the post the owner of this youtube vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwLXvLx3rlk
No thats not my Youtube video. Not sure what you mean about connecting to the tablet. The Tesla screen has an internal bluetooth device that your phone or whatever links to and then outputs through the speakers. The bluetooth app is so-so, but the mimic's inTouch interface bluetooth works perfectly fine for phone calls and audio. As far as steering wheel controls you can either not piggyback the Tesla screen and all functionality is retained or piggyback it and remap the buttons to what you want them to be. The center console buttons/knob is pretty useless from the factory, so yes you can actually use it with the Tesla. Only thing I've noticed is the A/C hard buttons can sometimes adjust more than once when pressed, but the soft keys have been working properly.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Update- Getting my unit repaired due to a small spot that delaminated. Also going to have them check the AC physical buttons as I get some odd behavior every now and then. Put the stock unit back in in the meantime....holy crap the stock screens suck and are small. I honestly was considering getting a refund, but after using the Tesla screen for quite awhile, i CANNOT go back to the stock small screen stuff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So my q50 doesn't have navigation if I get the Tesla screen could I get navigation installed??
Yes, it is an Android OS that supports options such as Google Maps or Waze. You must set up a mobile hotspot on your phone and connect the Tesla screen unit to that to get connectivity. (Or you could get a mobile WiFi hotspot [MiFi, "Jetpack from Verizon"] that is permanently plugged into your car that the Tesla screen unit automatically connects to on start, but that opens up concerns on battery drain and finding a mobile WiFi hotspot that will not automatically power off due to inactivity.)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got my Tesla screen yest and installed....man I can practically do this with my eyes closed lol. No issues so far and the screen is definitely brighter than the last one I had, maybe they're improving their quality as they go. Also saw the details on the MK3 unit....$1000 no thanks lol. It does have some nice features like brighter display, integrated apple car play/android auto, supposedly updated bluetooth, etc.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts