·
Registered
343 Posts
Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Only problem with that is that it captures the engine speedometer, it doesn't use GPS to see if you're actually hitting 60 mph. If you don't spin there won't be an issue with accuracy, but I can nail about a 1.6 0-60 in the wintertime on some ice using that lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
2017 Q50 Red Sport RWD
Specialty Z Ecutek tune on 91
AMS Intakes
AMS Heat Exchanger
AMS Intercooler/Expansion Tanks
Stillen Cat-back
3” Lower Down Pipe
Weld S71 18x9.5/18x10.5
Hoosier Drag 315/30
First time running the car with this setup and need more time. With more seat time I know I can crack the 11’s

PB 12.355 @111.69 mph

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Until I see more RWD in 11s, I won't bother going Ecutek

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
I feel confident that with decent air and a 1.8 sixty it'll run an 11 after this new EWG update.
I think you can get it with meth, non-meth guys idk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Until I see more RWD in 11s, I won't bother going Ecutek
If I was on an e30 or any mix I would be hitting 11's, I feel my top end dies out.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
If I was on an e30 or any mix I would be hitting 11's, I feel my top end dies out.
Likely so, but that's also exactly what I don't want to do is start tinkering with ethanol.. because then I would want to change the fuel pumps.. then I introduce the possible injector issue.. Pandora's box for me

Meth seems like a good alternative too but still has its set of risk factors

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,795 Posts
Many a meth head have come to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Likely so, but that's also exactly what I don't want to do is start tinkering with ethanol.. because then I would want to change the fuel pumps.. then I introduce the possible injector issue.. Pandora's box for me

Exactly why i haven't ran E yet either, I already have the Big bore HP FP and low pressure fuel pump but now just waiting for the injectors.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Meth is easier and cheaper than trying to run a high E content. The integrated JB4 kit has about as low of a risk as possible. I also don't run anything other than WWF and maybe a bottle of HEET if I'm feeling froggy. It's cheap too.

It worked so well on my Q50 that I added a lot onto my >600whp turbo LS1 and saw even better results.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Exactly why i haven't ran E yet either, I already have the Big bore HP FP and low pressure fuel pump but now just waiting for the injectors.
Installed, or just on hand? Just seeing if the 12.3 was with those parts or without.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed, or just on hand? Just seeing if the 12.3 was with those parts or without.
The fuel pumps are not installed, I have them ready for when the injectors come in I can do everything at the same time.

Reactions: serstylz2

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
20 Posts
Wasn’t bad for how heat soaked we all were, should be 11s easy once
Have you dynoed your car? You're Btuned so I was curious of your power output.
I haven’t yet. Still waiting on parts to come in. I know there was someone there with intakes exhaust and jb4 just as heatsoaked as me and my times were faster

101 - 120 of 135 Posts